What are “Telematics?”
The combination of telecommunications and informatics, or Telematics, provides a broad array of important automotive safety, convenience, and property protection services.
In recent years, dozens of automotive-specific, GPS-based applications have emerged to provide innovative new location-based services (LBS), with hundreds more expected to come to market in the next few years.
What services does the ALTOlink platform provide?
Currently, ALTOlink supports:
- Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) communications
- Collision avoidance services
- Vehicle location services and blocking (geo-fencing)
- Locator services (gas stations, restaurants, medical facilities, etc.)
- Voice-activated driver identification and verification
- 911 emergency notification in the event of accidents
- Stolen vehicle tracking
In the very near future, ALTOlink applications will assist you with:
- Finding “smart parking” spaces
- Automatic micropayments… like paying for tolls, parking, or even using a restaurant drive-thru
- In-vehicle entertainment
- In-vehicle environmental, health and safety protection
Why do I need ALTOlink, when I can use my Smart Phone?
- ALTOlink is a voice-activated, completely hands-free device; most states prohibit the use of a Smart Phone while driving, even when used only for navigation. Using your cellphone or any other electronic device while driving is unsafe… and in many states, illegal.
- ALTOlink protects your vehicle from theft and vandalism after you’ve parked your car, and have taken your cellphone with you. It provides 24/7 services like Stolen Vehicle Recovery System (SVRS) to find your car quickly in the event it is stolen.
- ALTOlink runs off your car’s electrical system; it does not need charging, and will not wear down your phone battery.
Where can I purchase ALTOlink?
The ALTOlink platform is being test-marketed is selected areas, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Transportation, state insurance commissions, and automobile insurance companies.
If you would be interested in participating in a test market in your area, please complete the following form: